There are several causes of transferring the content to external hard drive and from external hard drive to iTunes as both storage media are considered to be state of the art. When it comes to external hard drive, a person has full command and control over different songs. But some users consider external hard drive to be potentially dangerous. For the same reason, they are of the view that the cloud technology or online service is not as safe as iTunes to make sure that the media remain safe and secure. At the same time, iTunes has certain restrictions to transfer music files from external hard drive to iTunes. In this tutorial the way of importing music from external hard drive to iTunes will be discussed and it will also make sure that the users become well aware of the process as the relevant pictures will also be added to deepen understanding.
- Part1: Free Way of Transferring Music from External Hard Drive
- Part 2: How to Transfer Music from External Hard Drive to iTunes with KeepVid Music Easily
- Part 3: Pros and Cons & Conclusion for KeepVid Music
Everyone loves free and hence the first point of this article is to make sure that the iTunes are imported to the computer in a way that is fast, efficient, effective and above all free. Most of the users will find this topic a very helping hand as complex processes are never required and the user can make sure that with the help of a few clicks, the iTunes media folder is transferred from external hard drive to the computer. To get the best, the user needs to make sure that the steps that are mentioned below are followed in the same order without skipping anything:
i. The external hard drive containing the iTunes media folder is to be attached to the computer.
ii. The user needs to launch the iTunes software program which shows the following interface.
iii. On PC the hard drive is located on desktop > My Computer and on Mac the external hard drive can be seen on the desktop. The user needs to make sure that the drive is opened to view the iTunes media folder and then the folder is directly dragged to the music folder of the iTunes to complete the process in full.
iv. By using this simple process, the user can make sure that the contents are copied to iTunes software free of charge. It is also recommended to make sure that the iTunes are closed and re-launched to see the media content folder which was dragged. By using this method, not only music but all genres that are supported by the iTunes can be dragged into the program without any issue and problem.
KeepVid Music is yet again a wonderful addition by to their awesome collection of programs. It not only manages files and folders for the users when it comes to iTunes, but also makes sure that the best is done to regarding all the issues that are related to iTunes. From missing songs to external media addition, KeepVid Music makes it possible for the users to get the best out of everything issue and never leaves the users alone. There are tens of features of the program that can be discussed here, see them in summary as followings:
- It keeps the data of the users very private as no internet access is required to run the software and offline transfer is possible.
- The software is also provided for a trial version and it is an advantage which most of the competitors are not providing to the users.
- KeepVid Music has an awesome interface and hence it can be used for various other purposes as well.
- The developers at are working very hard to make sure that the new versions of the program are launched without any further delay.
- As the program is multipurpose, it can be used for several other purposes like transferring data to iPad, iPod and iPhone of any model as it supports all iDevices.
To make sure that the needful is done, following is a process that a user needs to follow to get the results as per needs.
Music Downloader, transfer and manager for your iOS/Android Devices
- Transfer music between any two devices or between device and PC/iTunes
- YouTube as your personal music source
- Supports 10,000+ sites to download music and videos
- Use iTunes with Android
- Organize entire iTunes music library
- Fix ID3 tags and covers
- Delete duplicate songs & remove missing tracks
- Share your iTunes playlist
|Guide for KeepVid Music：||1.Download Music||2.Record Music||3.Transfer Music||4.Manage iTunes Library||5.Tips for iTunes|
i. The program is to be downloaded from https://pro.keepvid.com/keepvid-music/ as the latest version is always available at the official KeepVid Music website. Once the .exe file has been downloaded, the user needs to run it so that the main interface appears.
ii. Connect the external hard drive to the computer.
iii. Click "ITUNES LIBRARY" on the main interface of KeepVid Music, you will enter the Music page by default, and then click the Add icon at the top-right corner, choose the Add File from the drop down list if you want to add songs selectively from a file or choose the Add Folder if you want to add all the music files in one folder at one time. Here we make Add File for example.
by pressing which the user will be able to import all the media on the external drive to the computer:
iv. Browse the external hard drive from My Computer, then find and select the songs you want to transfer from external drive to iTunes, click "Open" to start transferring selected songs.
Then, you can find the transferred music in iTunes easily as followings.
Pros and Cons
- The transfer through this program is absolutely stunning and simpler than ever.
- A new user might find it difficult as high number of clicks is involved in this regard.
- The software is 100% risk and error free; in fact it corrects the errors which a user faces while transferring content to/from iTunes.
Transferring content to iTunes can be hectic especially if a person is using the program for the first time. But with the use of KeepVid Music, not only it is easy to use, but also it makes sure that the issue is never faced in this regard. Getting the best out of the process is only possible if the right tools are there to support it and KeepVid Music is one of them. It is also advised to all the users to firstly try the trial version offer that is free of charge for everyone and then move forward to purchase the program which I am sure you will.